I attended the last day of the London Book Fair yesterday.
I booked last minute and paid £40 instead of £25 (which was the advance price) and was not very happy when the main exhibitors I was interested in were not there due to the volcano and airline issues. So I started the day pretty unimpressed. However, once I got over my disappointment, I got on with things and went researching.
The main question I was trying to answer was; to self publish or not to self publish. After yesterday’s conference, I made my decision.
I was with another friend, a budding author as well who had invited me and we visited many stands. Some of the exhibitors we spoke to were:
- Matador Self Publishing
- Cambridge University Press
- Authorhouse – we spent a lot of time there, check out the rest of the posts to see why
- Christian Focus Publications
We also attended several seminars such as:
- The Arvon Foundation talk (really boring)
- Introduction and Guide to Self – publishing (useful)
- Want to be published? The rise of self – publishing (very useful)
- Assessing your manuscripts (missed most of it as we were talking to a guy from Authorhouse)
We then spoke to traditional publishers, authors, self publishers, literary agents, book publicists etc.
Want to find out exactly what I learnt, subscribe to this blog and I will keep you posted.
May God bless and keep you in His presence forever, Amen
Dr Elizabeth F Babatunde